Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

Six Songs I'm Sure You'll Love

I discover the majority of my music by searching the internet, reading some publications, NPR, some radio (not much) and friends and family. Sharing is important. A rule so elementary yet so significant to my awareness of many musicians and films. Anyway, I thought I'd share 6 songs that I've discovered over the past few months. Make sure you give them a listen, I'm certain you'll love them.

1. Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons
Album: Death Won't Send A Letter
Song: Born Again
My thoughts: This video is great, it's always nice to be able to see the artist while they sing, a sort of connection is made that I really enjoy. The album is wonderful, this song is one of my favorites of 2009.


Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros
Album: Up From Below
Song: Home
My Thoughts: Album is great - really one of the most fresh and unique talent I've heard in a while. The energy is so apparent in the music and that's why I've posted the live version from the Letterman show. Absolutely worth watching! Seriously, don't miss this!


3. Blind Pilot
Album: 3 Rounds And A Sound
Song: The Story I Heard


4. Robert Francis
Album: Before Nightfall
Song: Junebug
My Thoughts: One of the best albums of 2009 hands down. Robert is young, I think he's twenty or twenty-one and this is his second album. He plays multiple instruments and has a world of talent.


5. Drew Holcolm and The Neighbors
Album: Passenger Seat
Song: Fire and Dynamite
My Thoughts: Love em', they don't have a bad album nor a bad song. The female vocals you hear are his wife and together they sound perfect. She sings on a few tracks and her voice will hook you for sure.


6. Joey Ryan
Album: Kenter Canyon
Song: Queen Jane
My Thoughts: Something about his voice in this song just hits me like a ton of bricks. He's right on the verge if you ask me and I love that.



Hope you liked those songs as much as I do. Nothing better than finding a new tune that just excites ya to no end - makes you look forward to your commute, you can't wait to jog, anything to put on the ipod.