Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Five Great Songs

Because I've been slow with updating the next entry I wanted to share Five Great Songs with you. Nothing special about why I picked these five. I just did. So, if you're at work, stick in your head phones and enjoy or just turn up the speakers and everyone within hearing distance can enjoy.

Song #1: "I Can See the Pines Are Dancing" by A.A. Bondy from the 2009 album When the Devil's Loose


Song #2: "Winter Winds" by Mumford & Sons from 2010 album, Sigh No More - And good luck finding a more enjoyable music video. I promise you this song will hook you. You will begin your instant search of Mumford and Sons after hearing this song...I just know it!


Song #3: "I Am Goodbye" by Bonnie Prince Billy from the 2009 album Beware. Love the video because I love the actor Will Oldham and his beard. Also, Will Oldham is Bonnie Prince Billy, that in itself is worth researching.




Song #4 "In Spite of Ourselves" by John Prine with Iris DeMent from the 1999 album In Spite of Ourselves. Make sure you watch this video, he tells a great story before hand and lyrically you will love this song. John Prine is one of the most respected song writers in this country and I fell in love with this song about five years ago. It makes you proud to be married and know those strange things about your spouse that only "you" know. And in some strange way this song might just be the best love song ever written.




Song #5 "Broken" by Tift Merritt from her 2008 Another Country album. Her voice is so great and the video is well shot not to mention Tift is quite nice to look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment